Project Bollywood Auditions 2019-2020
We're excited that you're interested in being a part of Project Bollywood 2019-2020. Please note that we're only looking for professional, committed, hard-working dancers who are willing to train intensely and commit time to being a part of the BollyWorks dance company. The show is on April 11th, 2020 with a tech run date of March 21st, 2020. Auditions are open ONLY to participants who are already signed up in one of our current batches for Project Bollywood 2019-2020. If you'd like to audition, you must first enroll in one of the batch classes.
These auditions are only for advanced and intermediate classes. If you're new to BollyWorks or looking for beginner classes, you are not required to audition.
Please note, all classes will have additional rehearsals 4 to 6 weeks prior to the show. Attendance in these classes is compulsory. If you already have plans in place that will cause you to miss more than a couple of classes in the last 6 weeks of the show, please refrain from auditioning and continue to remain in the general classes. We are very particular about attendance as Project Bollywood is a group performance. Project Bollywood is only enrolling performing students at this time.
We're auditioning for 2 classes - ADVANCED & INTERMEDIATE
Advanced classes meet on Tuesday nights from 08:30 pm to 09:45 pm
Intermediate classes meet on Friday nights from 07:30 pm to 08:45 pm
Please make sure you will be available these days before you decide to audition.Classes will run end September to April 11th, 2020.
- Auditions are only open to those who have already signed up for Project Bollywood 2019-2020
- If you have not signed up yet, please do so before signing up for the auditions. Unenrolled dancers will not be able to participate in the auditions.
- Chosen dancers will be split into 2 groups - Advanced class and Intermediate class.
- Audition routine will be taught in class. No need to prepare any routine for the audition.
- Chosen dancers will be given 1 week to sign up for classes, if you fail to sign up during the allotted time, your spot will be offered to another candidate.
- Auditions are open to anyone above the age of 18. Men and women are welcome to audition.
- Results will be emailed within 10 business days. All decisions are final. All enrollments are non-refundable or transferable.
Dress Code for Auditions
- Black top & leggings or black dancer shorts
- Hair tied up and back in a high pony
- Bare feet auditions
- Knee pads welcome
- If you can't dance with bare feet or have limiting knee injuries, general classes are better suited.
- Showing up out of dress code will automatically disqualify you from auditions.
Please note - There's a slight chance that the performance date may change as we continue to look for a bigger auditorium to showcase Project Bollywood 2020. No further details on this at this time.
Auditions are open only to signed up participants for 2019-2020. If you haven't signed up for the next season, please sign up to be able to audition. If you're not enrolled you're not eligible to audition.
BollyWorks is Seattle's most authentic, professional Bollywood dance school. Created and run by Arundhati, the only trained professional Bollywood instructor in Seattle since 2013. Having worked with the Shiamak Davar Dance company in India for over 7 years, Arundhati has performed in various international shows and with celebrities like Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, A.R Rahman, Bryan Adams, Shreya Ghosal, Rani Mukherjee, Sonu Nigam, and many others. She's well-versed in different genres of Bollywood dance and has trained thousands of students over the years from all age groups. Today, she's a full-time fitness and dance professional running two studios - BollyWorks and Aham Yoga.
BollyWorks runs Project Bollywood, an annual student production. Check out our Youtube channel for some videos of previous Project Bollywood shows. These auditions are solely for the advanced and intermediate classes. The general/beginners Bollywood classes do not require auditions and are available for enrollment.
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram to see more exciting updates for BollyWorks
- Arriving late will disqualify you from auditions.
- If dancers are moved from general classes to intermediate or advanced classes, a fee difference of $75 plus tax is required to confirm enrollment.
- Please account for time required to navigate through downtown, peak hour traffic, and finding a parking spot to prevent arriving late to auditions.
- Costumes, props, performance and rehearsal fee, and tickets are additional costs and not included in class tuition.
If you're unable to make the auditions or have questions, please email Jamie at [email protected] with your questions.